Online Giving Learning Guide
Welcome to our Online Giving Learning Guide. We have a lot of training content and this guide is meant to help you get up to speed with our Campaigns module. Remember, if you are looking for a specific feature, you can use the Search option or contact support.
To get started, watch the Create Your First Giving Form. Then, review the Getting Started category. This gives you a rough overview of the system. Once those are done, we recommend reviewing the following features:
- Edit Form Entries - This feature allows you to edit the gifts that have been made.
- Designations - Designations allow you to designate or allocate gifts into specific accounts. Every campaign form must have at least one designation to process a gift.
When you are ready to start a more complex crowdfunding campaign, we recommend reviewing these features:
- Create A Crowdfunding Form - This feature allows you to create a Crowdfunding Campaign to support things like Giving Days. You get a public page to show the progress of the campaign that allows you to track the progress of your donors, the causes you are supporting and the volunteers involved.
- Crowdfunding Causes - This feature allows you to create Causes that people can donate to within the overall crowdfunding campaign. You can think of these as sub-campaigns. Each Cause gets its own dedicated page and its totals are reflected in the overall campaign.
- Crowdfunding Volunteers - This feature allows you to set up volunteers and track their progress. Each volunteer gets their own volunteer giving page with their own fundraising goals.
- Crowdfunding Notices - The Notices feature allows you to notify the public how the campaign is proceeding. These notices appear on your public campaign page.
- Crowdfunding Rewards - The Rewards feature allows you to set up rewards or incentives for giving to your campaign. Each reward has an amount of giving that must be reached to trigger the award. You can also place a limit on the number of awards.
- Crowdfunding Uploaded Gifts - When you receive gifts from a source other than Advancement Form, (e.g., phone or check donations), you can upload those “offline” gifts to your campaign to update all of your progress totals.
- Crowdfunding Media Slider - This feature allows you to set up a media slider to show different media content in a slider. This is a great way to show different images or videos on your campaign page.
- Crowdfunding Donor Messages - This allows you to choose a field from your form to display donor messages under the person’s name on the donor list.
- Gift Amount Triggered Field - This feature allows you to control when a field or fields appear on your form after a certain gift amount is entered.